Olimpija Ljubljana: 0 – Galatasaray: 3 | GAME RESULT

Galatasaray met Olimpija Ljubljana away in the first game of the UEFA Champions League 3rd qualifying round. The Yellow-Reds won the game 3-0 and got a big lead before the game in Istanbul.

Kerem Aktürkoğlu in the 9th minute, Dries Mertens in the 47th minute and 90+1 in Galatasaray. came within minutes from Halil Dervişoğlu.

Cimbom, who started in the 2nd round of Champions League qualification, eliminated the Lithuanian team Zalgiris Vilnius 2:2 and 1:0 in this round and was included in the list in the 3rd round of qualification.

Galatasaray advances to the play-offs if they overtake Olimpija. The yellow-red will fight with the winner of the Klaksvik-Molde pairing in this round to stay in the Champions League group.


The second leg between Galatasaray and Olimpija Ljubljana will be played in Istanbul on Tuesday 15 August. The fight in RAMS Park starts at 21:00.


In the second minute, Bakambu hit the ball on the right diagonal in the penalty area and the ball flew up from above.

In the 8th minute, goalkeeper Muslera prevented the leather ball from going into the net with a shot by Fedida.

After Barış Alper Yılmaz passed the ball in the penalty area in the 9th minute, Kerem Aktürkoğlu sent the ball into the net: 0:1.

Sualehe’s shot was parried in the 14th minute and goalkeeper Muslera saved the ball.

Bristric’s 20th-minute goal was disallowed on the grounds that he had previously fouled Nelsson.

After the corner in the 27th minute, in the middle of Mertens’ penalty area, Abdülkerim Bardakçı shot in the head and goalkeeper Vidovsek didn’t allow the goal.

In the 36th minute, Bakambu’s shot from the penalty area, which bounced off the defence, went for the corner.

In the 40th minute, Kerem Aktürkoğlu shot the ball wide of the post.

In the 44th minute, Rui Pedro’s kick went over the ceiling outside the box.

The first half of the game ended with Galatasaray winning 1-0.

Mertens, who hit the ball in the 48th minute, saved by goalkeeper Vidovsek in the previous position, scored Galatasaray’s second goal: 0:2.

In the 52nd minute, goalkeeper Vidovsek saved the ball with a shot from Bakambu.

Abdülkerim Bardakcı, who went to the far post after a set ball in the middle of Mertens in the 57th minute, put the ball into the net, but the goal was ruled out for offside after a VAR check.

Nelsson’s goal, which came in the penalty area after a corner by Kerem Aktürkoğlu in the 63rd minute, was ruled out for offside.

In the 74th minute, Barış Alper Yılmaz hit the ball on Galatasaray’s right wing, Mertens hit the ball and the ball went sideways from above.

After the corner in the 78th minute, Silva’s shot went overhead from Gavric, who rose in the middle of the box.

90+1 Halil Dervişoğlu, who got the ball from a corner by Kerem Aktürkoğlu in the penalty area, sent the ball into the net with a headshot: 0:3.

The game ended with Galatasaray winning 3-0.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *